There are currently no school closures.
Keep up to date
There are a few ways you can keep up to date with school closures and school travel, including:
- following @statesofjersey and @jerseyeducation on Twitter
- checking this page
- checking regular updates on the LibertyBus website
- listening to BBC Radio Jersey and Channel 103
- watching Channel Television
Follow us on Twitter
School bus information on LibertyBus website
Schools closing before children go to school
If schools have to close, a decision will be made at around 6am.
However if conditions aren't certain, a decision will be made at either 7am or 8am.
Schools closing while children are at school
If weather conditions are forecast to deteriorate during the day while schools are in session, the school bus service may run earlier.
As soon as a decision has been made, schools will be told by email and phone.
Pre-agreed transport arrangements
If school buses are cancelled, the school will follow your pre-agreed plan.
A record of your pre-agreed transport plan is kept by the school, and you should have chosen one of the following for your child:
- remain at school until collected
- make his or her own way home (when appropriate)
- walk to a pre-agreed location (eg your workplace)
School work online
When schools are closed, students can access generic tasks and / or their usual work online.
Access school work online