Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government and parish services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Income Support rates

​​​​Adults and children​

For each adult and​ child in an Income Support household, a fixed sum of money is paid to cover personal costs.

All values are effective from the 1st of October 2018.

Single parent component 

If you’re a single parent and you’re bringing up a child or children as part of your household, you’re allocated a higher basic component than other single adults. 

To be eligible, you need to:

  • already be receiving Income Support
  • have parental responsibility for a child and / or a person over compulsory school leaving age in your household who:
    • is in in full-time education or training in Jersey  
    • is under 19 years old

You must also make sure that you don’t have any other person over compulsory school leaving age as a member of your household, unless: 

  • the person is in full-time education or training 
  • the person is under 19 years old
  • you have parental responsibility for them
As of 1 January 2019, we are increasing the value of the child component paid to the first child. For any other children, the value won't be increased.
​Component typeWeekly rate £
​Single parent
​First child
​Subsequent children (as of 1 January 2019)
​Household (if you rent or own your home)​54.46

Accommodation component​

​Depending on your circumstances, you could get help towards rent, or a smaller amount if you own your home. If you rent or own a property, you are responsible for paying your own parish rates.

If you rent a property from a social housing landlord, your full rent can be included as long as you are occupying an appropriate property for the size of your household. 

If you rent in the private sector, the rent charged by your landlord can be included up to a maximum weekly amount. 

If you own your own property, a set amount is included.

Housing​​: private

​Weekly maximum rate £

​Bedsit / lodgings (private rental)


One bedroom flat (private rental)


​Two bedroom flat (private rental)


​Three (or more) bedroom flat (private rental)


One bedroom house ​(private rental)


​Two bedroom house (private rental)


​Three bedroom house (private rental)


​Four bedroom house (private rental)


​Five (or more) bedroom house (private rental)


​Bedsit (owner)


​One bedroom flat (owner)


​Two bedroom flat (owner)


​Three bedroom flat (owner)


​Four (or more) bedroom flat (owner)


​One bedroom house (owner)


​Two bedroom house (owner)


​Three (or more) bedroom house (owner)​


Medical and disability

​If you have a long-term medical condition or disability that means you need extra support, you may be able to get medical payments. You can also get support if you are a carer for somebody with a severe illness or disability.

You can't get some medical components at the same time as getting the Long Term Care benefit, if you think you might have these kinds of care needs contact us for more information.

Medical components and carersWeekly rate £
​Personal care: level one​24.43
​Personal care: level two​107.24
​Personal care: level three​154.07
​Mobility: non-earner​24.43
​Mobility: earner​48.79
Clinical cost (five or more extra GP visits)​3.43
​Clinical cost​ (nine or more extra GP visits)​6.86


​If you have children, you could get help towards the cost of childcare while:

  • you're working
  • you have an illness / disability that restricts your ability to care for your children
We can pay up to the below hourly maximum rate per child.

​Childcare  ​Hourly maximum rate £ 
​Childcare for under three year olds​7.00
​Childcare for three to four year olds​5.46
​Childcare for five to 11 year olds ​5.46

​Capital limits​

You can have a set level of savings before your Income Support is affected. If you have anything above these levels, you’ll receive less benefit.
​Capital limits​Maximum before benefit is affected £
(from 7 April 2014)
​Single adult with personal care element​13,706
​Other single adult under pensionable age​​9,137
​Couple (at least one with personal care element)​22,718
​Other couple under pensionable age​15,145
​Single adult over pensionable age​13,706
​Couple over pensionable age​22,718

Income and earning disregards

When we decide how much Income Support you'll get, we'll ignore a set percentage or amount of:

  • your income
  • maintenance income
  • your old age pension

These percentages and amounts can be found below. ​

​Income and earning disregardsFrom 1 October 2017
​Earned income​25%
​Maintenance income ​25%
Old age pension income​25%
Pensioners who were getting Income Support before 1 January 2016​ are entitled to have the first £55.23 of their pension disregarded in full, and an additional £35.77 for an additional pensioner in their household.​
Back to top
rating button