Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Find help and support for children, young people and families in Jersey

​Primary Mental Health Team

Primary Mental Health Workers (PMHWs) come from a range of professional backgrounds, all with links to mental health and well-being. We work with children and young people from ages 5 to 19 years old. We have training and experience in helping young people and their families when there are emotional or mental health challenges.

PMHWs work in partnership with children and young people, families, schools, CAMHS and other agencies to address mild to moderate mental health challenges. We promote raising mental health awareness and work towards empowering children and young people to effectively manage their mental health and well-being, by:

  • providing consultation to schools
  • facilitating mental health training courses for school-based staff, other agencies, children and young people and families
  • signposting to other support agencies and screening for more specialist support, if required (CAMHS)
  • working directly with children and young people in a group format or individually, if indicated
  • being available to parents and carers for advice at drop-in events

How to access this service

The first thing to do is talk to your child's nursery / school staff (class teacher, special educational needs coordinator) or your health visitor. They will contact their link Primary Mental Health Worker to arrange an initial discussion.

You can also contact the Children and Families Hub.



Back to top
rating button