About being an eco active leader
Being an eco active leader means your business works to a high environmental standard.
To show us you meet this standard, you must have one of the following:
- 5* environmental audit
- green tourism gold level
- EMS easy
- green dragon level 5
How to become an eco active leader
The eco active business network is an environmental management scheme for businesses or organisations that operate in Jersey.
To become an eco active business network leader, you must:
- send us your eco active business network leader application form
- send us a copy of your most recent audit report and audit certificate
- complete the environmental legislation assessment
- agree to the terms and conditions of the network
You will also need a pollution prevention plan if your business uses or stores any substances that could cause pollution on a site that you own, lease or manage. This must be completed for each site you operate from.
These substances include:
- oils (including cooking oils)
Eco active business network leader form
Environmental legislation assessment
Pollution prevention plan
Terms and conditions of the eco active business network
Welcome pack after joining
When you join the network as a leader, we will send you a welcome pack containing:
- a leader certificate
- our eco active leader branding and our branding guidelines
- information about training and other exclusive events
Annual return form
Each year we will send you an annual return form.
This is for you to show us:
- if you carried out the actions you had planned
- your environmental achievements for the last 12 months
- your priority actions for the year ahead
- up to date audit reports and certificates
- if the business and contact details we have are correct
This needs to be returned to by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Other leaders and members of the eco active business network
Members and leaders of the eco active business network are all listed on this webpage.