'Love Food Hate Waste' is a national campaign that aims to raise awareness about why we should all be trying to reduce food waste.
The campaign gives practical and easy advice that can help you reduce the amount of food you throw away, while also saving money and helping the environment.
On the 'Love Food Hate Waste' website, you’ll find handy tips and information like:
- special recipes from top chefs to help use up your leftovers
- portion calculators to figure out the right amount of food to cook for your family, so you don’t make too much
- meal planners and ingredient ideas
- ways to save money and time when you’re shopping
- food storage ideas (such as how to keep food fresh for longer)
- why cutting down on food waste is so important
Benefits of reducing food waste
Cutting down on the amount of food you waste, reduces your carbon footprint and can save you hundreds of pounds a year. It also helps to minimise serious environmental implications.
Love Food Hate Waste website