Our checklist is a guide for business to ensure they are prepared for the UK to leave the EU. The checklist has been created with Jersey Business and Jersey Chamber of Commerce.
- what percentage of your workforce is from the EU27?
- what is the level of risk of they leave and how it might affect your business?
- have any risk areas been identified around skills and language?
- do you staff know the next steps to take to register as an EU citizen working in Jersey?
- do you have staff in the UK impacted by changes to workplace or employment rights such as working time or TUPE Regulations or leave entitlement?
Technical notice of workplace rights
|Future training needs|
- what will be your training needs over the coming months?
- do your staff need to better understand some of the potential new customs and export processes?
- do staff require wider Brexit training?
|Future staffing needs|
- what will be your skills and labour needs over the next few years?
- what steps will you need to take to hire them?
- what are the employment law implications for employees based in EU countries and the business?
Customs, trade and taxation
Regulation, compliance and consumer rights
Legal and finances
Checklist for businesses to prepare for Brexit