Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Entering Jersey after 31 December 2020

Entering Jersey after 31 December 2020

Nothing will change for EU, EEA or Swiss citizens travelling to Jersey until after 31 December 2020.

EU / EEA and Swiss will not require a visa to visit Jersey after 31 December 2020

If you're a EU / EEA citizen and have been granted settled or pre-settled status you will be able to continue to enter Jersey using your national Identity card or passport until 31 December 2025. If you haven't got settled or pre settled status you will be required to have a passport to enter Jersey, this requirement will be introduced during 2021.

Living and working in Jersey after 31 December 2020

If you're an EU citizen you'll be able to continue to live and work in Jersey until 31 December 2020 as you do now, without needing any immigration permission.

If you're an EU citizen and you want to remain in Jersey after 31 December 2020 you must do one of the following:

  • apply to the Jersey EU Settlement Scheme, you’ll be eligible if you arrive before 31 December 2020
  • apply to the Future Immigration System which will be introduced from January 2021

The exception to this requirement is if you are an Irish citizen.  If you are an Irish citizen nothing will change and you will be able to continue to enter, live and work in Jersey as now.

Further information on the Future Immigration System and the application processes will be published at a later date.

If you want to come to Jersey and you are a Non-EU/EEA or Swiss national you must meet certain requirements which can be found in the Jersey Immigration Rules. You may need a visa depending on your nationality and the purpose of travel. The Jersey visa requirements are aligned to the UK visa requirements.

Jersey Immigration Rules

Visa requirements on

Common travel area

Jersey is part of the common travel area (CTA) of the UK and therefore maintains the same standard of immigration control as the UK.

Immigration arrangements for EU citizens moving to the UK after Brexit

Moving to the UK after Brexit: EU citizens and their families

Back to top
rating button