|Type of consultation||Other|
|Deadline for comments||17/02/2020|
About the consultation
The Minister for Social Security has directed the Employment Forum to consult on the current statutory annual leave entitlement under the Employment (Jersey) Law 2003 (the ‘Law’) and a proposal to introduce an entitlement to a rest break during the working day. This consultation seeks your comments and provides background information that you may wish to consider in forming your response to the survey, including information relevant to Jersey and to other jurisdictions.
Any responses that are submitted will be combined with other relevant evidence to help the Forum to decide whether any changes should be recommended to the Law.
The Forum’s recommendation is expected to be presented to the Minister at the end of April 2020.
How to submit comments to the consultation
- You can complete the online survey
- By email to E.Forum@gov.je
- By post to Employment Forum, 19-21 Broad Street, St Helier, JE2 3RR
- By requesting a meeting with the Forum; email E.Forum@gov.je or phone +44 (0) 1534 440684 (meetings will be held on 13, 20 and 27 January 2020 from 4pm to 6pm)
- Copies of the papers can be obtained from the Forum Secretary (contact details as above)
Please submit your response no later than 17 February 2020.