|Department||Strategic Policy, Planning and Performance|
|Type of consultation||Other|
|Deadline for comments||08/04/2022|
About the consultation
The Government of Jersey is providing interested parties with an opportunity to be aware of, and comment on, proposed new fees which would apply to providers of social work and mental health services for children and young people, if legislation is approved by the States Assembly.
A public consultation on the draft legislation took place between 19 July and 17 September 2021, in which stakeholders were asked to comment on:
- The draft Regulation of Care (Regulated Activities) (No. 2) (Jersey) Regulations
- The draft Regulation of Care (Standards and Requirements) (Amendment) (Jersey) Regulations
Following that consultation, it is proposed that legislation will be brought forward so that the following services will be regulated by the Jersey Care Commission:
- adoption services
- children's home services
- fostering services
- social work services for children and young people
- independent monitoring and review of children's safeguarding arrangements
- child contact centres
- residential family centres
- outpatient children and young peoples' mental health services provided by registered medical and health care professionals (excluding counselling services and services provided by GPs)
- care services in special schools
- children and family community nursing services
The purpose of this consultation is to seek feedback on the proposed fee structure which would apply to all providers of these services.
The attached report sets out the proposed fees, provides information on the factors that have been taken into consideration when developing those fees and draws comparisons other jurisdictions.
Comments on any aspect of these proposals are welcomed.
Proposed fees for social work and mental health services for children consultation
How to submit comments to the consultation
You can submit your comments:
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Care Regulation Consultation
Government of Jersey
19-21 Broad Street
Jersey JE2 3RR
Care regulation fees consultation privacy notice