|Type of consultation||Green paper|
|Deadline for comments||21/06/2019|
About the consultation
Have your say on a government strategy for developing further education so that Jersey has the right skillsets for the future.
The Post 16 Education Strategy will give islanders more opportunity to further their education, whether that is school leavers looking to study vocational or academic qualifications or people who want to enrol in courses to remain in work or change careers.
The strategy has been driven by changes to the island’s economy and society. An ageing population, changes to technology and a growing competition for business, investment and talent are just some of the challenges that will impact on the types of further education available in the future.
The consultation proposes six objectives, from ensuring that the island’s workers meet the demands of the economy and society, to ensuring that further education is available to all:
- ensuring that Jersey has a highly skilled workforce that will maintain and boost its future economy
- providing access to Post 16 Education for all through widening participation, equality of opportunity and improving educational and employment outcomes particularly for those at risk
- ensuring the quality and appropriateness of Post 16 Education provision
- creating an international offer in Jersey for Post 16 Education at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- encouraging appropriate research and innovation
- ensuring appropriate governance and financial sustainability for Post 16 Education
Post 16 Education consultation
Post 16 education explained
Public meeting dates
How to submit comments to the consultation
Read the consultation and comment on our
Email your response to the
You can also post your response to: Post 16 Education Consultation, Children, Young People, Education and Skills, 19-21 Broad Street, St Helier, Jersey, JE2 3RR.