Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Baby feetBaby feet

​Changing your child's name

If you're re-registering your child's surname after getting married you can ask to add or remove any forename at the same time. You can also change your child's name up to a year after they're born.

To change your child's name both parents need to visit the registrar of the parish your child was born and take:

  • your child's original birth certificate
  • your own ID
  • your marriage certificate (if applicable)
  • a fee of £85 (this includes £30 for a replacement birth certificate)

You'll be asked to fill out a form so that the parish registrar can re-register the birth and issue a new certificate.

Any fees paid to the Superintendent Registrar are non-refundable.

Parish registrars

Parish registrar
St Brelade
​St Clement: If your child was born in St Clement you need to contact the St Helier registrar
St Helier
​St John: If your child was born in St John you need to contact the St Helier registrar
St Lawrence
St Martin
​St Mary: If your child was born in St Mary you need to contact the St Helier registrar
St Ouen
St Peter
St Saviour
Back to top
rating button