Currently the Office of the Superintendent Registrar is closed to the public and not available for ceremonies. Ceremonies can take place at the Temporary Register Office at the Old Magistrate’s Court in Seale Street, St Helier.
You are required to instruct an Authorised Civil Celebrant to conduct your ceremony.
Attendees at this location are strictly limited to the couple, their two witnesses and the Authorised Civil Celebrant with no additional guests.
Arranging a marriage or civil partnership at the Office of the Superintendent Registrar
If you want to arrange a marriage or civil partnership at the Office of the Superintendent Registrar follow the steps on our apply to give notice to marry page.
At the venue
You may need to bear the following in mind when planning your marriage or civil partnership at the Office of the Superintendent Registrar:
- the maximum number of guests is 30
- candles are not permitted
- biodegradable confetti may be thrown outside in the Royal Square but not in the Office of the Superintendent Registrar
- there is no public parking in the Royal Square. The wedding car or main vehicle may park directly outside the front door of the Office of the Superintendent Registrar for the duration of the ceremony but should not be left unattended and must be clearly decorated as a wedding car
- no food or drink is permitted to be brought into or consumed in any part of the Office of Superintendent Registrar
If you get married at the Office of the Superintendent Registrar during working hours you will need to pay £20 to hire the office and a celebrant will be provided for free.
If you wish to marry outside working hours for example on a weekend or bank holiday, you need to pay £100 to hire the office and select an Authorised Civil Celebrant.
Where to find us and opening hours
We are located in the Royal Square, St Helier.
You can hire the ceremony room for marriage and civil partnerships for one hour which starts at quarter to the hour:
- Monday to Friday 11am to 1pm
- weekends and bank holidays 8am to 6pm
Tour of the Superintendent Registrar Office