Currently the Office of the Superintendent Registrar is not available for ceremonies.
Ceremonies can take place at the Temporary Register Office at the Old Magistrate’s Court in Seale Street, St Helier.
Attendees at this location are strictly limited to the couple, their two witnesses, the Authorised Civil Celebrant and a maximum of 5 additional guests.
From March 2022 the Temporary Register Office will be moving to a new location. This location will be confirmed as soon as possible.
Arranging a marriage or civil partnership at the Office of the Superintendent Registrar
If you want to arrange a marriage or civil partnership at the Office of the Superintendent Registrar follow the steps on our apply to give notice to marry page.
At the venue
You may need to bear the following in mind when planning your marriage or civil partnership at the Temporary Register Office:
- the maximum number of attendees is 10
- candles are not permitted
- there is no parking available at this venue
- no food or drink is permitted to be brought into or consumed in any part of the Temporary Register Office
If you get married at the Temporary Register Office during working hours you will need to pay £20.50 to hire the office and a celebrant will be provided for free.
If you wish to marry outside working hours for example on a weekend or bank holiday, you need to pay £102.50 to hire the office and select an Authorised Civil Celebrant.
Where to find us and opening hours
The Temporary Register Office is currently located at the Old Magistrate’s Court, Seale Street, St Helier.
Ceremonies can take place:
- Monday to Friday at 1.30pm or 2.30pm
- weekends and bank holidays 8am to 6pm (when an Authorised Civil Celebrant must conduct the ceremony)