When permission is not needed to extend your stay in Jersey
Permission is not needed to extend your stay in Jersey if you are:
- a British citizen
- a national of a member state of the European Union (EU) / European Economic Area (EEA)
- a Swiss national
- an overseas national who has no restrictions attached to your stay
If you have temporary permission to stay in Jersey you can apply to extend this permission to stay longer. If you are here as a visitor you cannot extend your permission to stay beyond six months.
The Jersey Immigration Rules set out the requirements you need to meet in order to apply for an extension of stay, also known as Further Leave to Remain (FLR).
Applying for Further Leave to Remain (FLR)
All applications for FLR will require completion and submission of the appropriate form and fee together with any supporting documentation.
We will not normally consider applications more than two weeks prior to the expiry of your current conditions. However, you must make your application before your current permission to stay expires.
Application form: work permit holders or dependants
Application form: spouse or unmarried partners and their dependants
Application form: all other categories
If you're making an application for a ‘spouse or unmarried partners and their dependants’ you must meet the following English language requirement in one of the following ways:
- have passed an A2 English language test or above, held at Highlands College
- be a national of a majority English speaking country (Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, USA)
- hold a degree taught in the UK or a majority English speaking country (excluding Canada)
- have obtained a foreign academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) deemed by the National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC) for the UK to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in the UK, which was taught or researched in English
Cost of Further Leave to Remain
To find out how much Further Leave to Remain costs, use the link below.
Immigration and nationality fees