The Jersey Appointments Commission is an independent body established by the States of Jersey to ensure that appointments to the public service, states entities and independent boards are made fairly and follow best practice.
The Commission requires two new Commissioners to augment the skills and experience of the existing Commissioners. The Commission maintains its commitment to diversity throughout all recruitment processes.
Candidates will have a track record of achievement in their own field in the public, private, academic or voluntary sectors. Candidates must be able to command the confidence and respect of key public service stakeholders, and senior members of those independent bodies that receive States funding, exercise statutory powers on behalf of the States, or have a significant public profile because of the nature of their responsibility.
The role requires:
- a track record of achievement in the candidates own field in the public, private, academic, or voluntary sectors
- able to demonstrate successful and effective communication of complex, sensitive, or contentious information to a wide range of audiences and command the confidence and respect of key public service stakeholders, and senior members of those independent bodies that receive States funding, exercise statutory powers on behalf of the States, or have a significant public profile because of the nature of their responsibility
- strong strategic thinking capability, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- personal integrity, political impartiality, and commitment to the principles of fair and open recruitment
- experience in chairing meetings at a senior level, and the ability to orchestrate panels of senior individuals with disparate skills and perspectives to achieve interviews of high quality and drawing panel discussions to an agreed consensus
- proven track record of considered judgement and ability to reach conclusions, which are both principled and workable
- experience of working effectively as a member of a team
While the ideal candidate will have competence in all of the above, the Commission is interested in applicants who are looking to develop their careers and experience and wish to use their experience to make a difference in the Jersey community.
The estimated time commitment is 15 to 20 days per year. An honorarium of £5,000 per annum is offered.
Full job description
How to apply
CV and covering letter that addresses the person specification should be submitted by the closing date of 10 May 2022 email email@example.com.
Interviews to be held between 17 to 27 May 2022.
Jersey Appointments Commission
Employment of States of Jersey Employees (Jersey) Law 2005 (jerseylaw.je)