Environmental impact assessment of WP Skips (FOI)
Environmental impact assessment of WP Skips (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 27 October 2016.
I would like to know details of controls governing the WP Skips operation in St Peter's.
I raised concerns over increased noise levels following the fire at the site. I was assured that an environmental impact assessment would be completed, on visiting planning I was shown a plan of large earth bunds that would be created to reduce noise levels. The noise levels have not reduced, I would like to request the following:
1. A copy of the environmental impact assessment
2. Full details of any controls exercised over the site
3. Details of any site visits conducted by the authorities responsible to assess the effectiveness of these bunds, specifically as the noisiest pieces of equipment have been taken to the centre of the site rendering these bunds useless in terms of noise reduction
4. Has any noise monitoring of any form been conducted over the last ten years
The waste management operations of WP Recycling at the site (Broadlands, Le Mont Fallu, St Peter, JE3 7EF) have the following authorisations issued from the Department of the Environment:
a) Planning permit P/2008/0288 issued 8 December 2010
Description: Outline application to reinstate destroyed or damaged accommodation and buildings within a residential curtilage. Detailed proposals for the re-organisation of established haulage, waste management and recycling processing facility in Field 712.
Introduction of associated landscaping and planting to provide screening. The creation of a separate commercial vehicle access from Le Mont Fallu.
b) Planning permit P/2013/1508 issued 23 January 2014
Description: Reserved matters for P/2008/0288: Re-instatement of residential accommodation, comprising of 26 No. dwellings, to replace 32 dwelling units previously destroyed by fire (model available) (EIS submitted).
c) Waste Management Licence WML011
Facility type: Waste transfer station and construction, demolition & excavation waste recycling site.
Copy of Planning permits (P2008_0288 and P2013_1508) 20161101 (size 1.21mb)
Copy of Waste Management Licence (WML011) 20161101 (size 2.43mb)
P/2013/1508, as above, details the completed Environmental Impact Assessment (published online) which shows additional bunding around the perimeter of the site.
1. A copy of the environmental impact assessment.
The Environmental Impact Assessment is available to view on the planning register under P/2013/1508.
2. Full details of any controls exercised over the site.
Attached are the planning permits which contain the planning controls governing WP Skips. See A copy of the Waste Management Licence WML011 above.
3. Details of any site visits conducted by the authorities responsible to assess the effectiveness of these bunds, specifically as the noisiest pieces of equipment have been taken to the centre of the site rendering these bunds useless in terms of noise reduction.
There have been no specific site visits to consider the effectiveness of the bunds, since construction of the site has not progressed.
4. Has any noise monitoring of any form been conducted over the last ten years?
No noise monitoring has been conducted by the Department of the Environment. Noise monitoring is part of the Environmental Impact Assessment published online under P/2013/1508 referenced in supporting documents as ‘Environmental Impact Assessment Part 2’ pages 32 and 33 and ‘Environmental Impact Assessment Part 7’.