Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

High Value Residents Long Term Care contributions (FOI)

High Value Residents Long Term Care contributions (FOI)

Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 16 December 2016.


Please advise what, if any, contribution is made by HNWI / 11(k) residents to the Long Term Care Contribution under Income Tax Law, as this is a 'tax' charged on the annual Tax Demand.

Please advise on what and how it is calculated?


It is assumed the question refers to individuals that come to Jersey via obtaining entitled status under Regulation 2(1) (e) of the Control of Housing and Work (Residential and Employment Status) (Jersey) Regulations 2013. These are known as High Value Residents (“HVRs”).

HVRs are liable to pay Long Term Care contributions in the same way as any other taxpayer.

Please see previous Freedom of Information response dated 12 May 2016

High Value Residents (FOI)

With regard to the Long Term Care contribution rules, see the following link:

Long-term care scheme: contributions

Back to top
rating button