La Moye School staff turnover (FOI)
La Moye School staff turnover (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 24 May 2017.
Please can you provide the following information.
All staff members (whether Teaching or Support staff) who have left the employ of La Moye Primary School for the following years:
2000 to 2017 (all years inclusive).
If the names of those individuals are confidential, please just supply the number of individuals who left the employ of La Moye School for each year from 2000 to 2017.
Information relating to staff turnover in all primary schools was subject of a previous Freedom of Information request and is available on the following link:
Primary school teaching staff turnover 2009 to 2016 (FOI)
Please note that the data presented above ranges from the 2009 to 2010 and 2015 to 2016 academic years.
The Education Department has determined that to provide data relating to the years preceding the 2009 to 2010 academic year would exceed the cost amount as determined in the regulations of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011.
Staff turnover data for 2016 to 2017 is not yet available as the academic year is not yet complete.
The Education Department has determined that to supply the names of the individuals who left the employ of La Moye would breach the privacy of those individuals and as such have applied Article 25 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011.
However, the numbers of those who have left the employ of La Moye is presented in the data outline in Part A.
Exemptions and articles applied
Article 16 – A scheduled public authority may refuse to supply information if cost excessive
(1) A scheduled public authority that has been requested to supply information may refuse to supply the information if it estimates that the cost of doing so would exceed an amount determined in the manner prescribed by Regulations.
(2) Despite paragraph (1), a scheduled public authority may still supply the information requested on payment to it of a fee determined by the authority in the manner prescribed by Regulations for the purposes of this Article.
(3) Regulations may provide that, in such circumstances as the Regulations prescribe, if two or more requests for information are made to a scheduled public authority –
(a) by one person; or
(b) by different persons who appear to the scheduled public authority to be acting in concert or in pursuance of a campaign,
the estimated cost of complying with any of the requests is to be taken to be the estimated total cost of complying with all of them.
Article 23 – Information accessible to applicant by other means
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it is reasonably available to the applicant, otherwise than under this Law, whether or not free of charge.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant where the applicant may obtain the information.
Article 25 – Personal information
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005.
(2) Information is absolutely exempt information if –
(a) it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is not the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005; and
(b) its supply to a member of the public would contravene any of the data protection principles, as defined in that Law.