St Helier Boys School and Highlands College Fire Service and Architect reports (FOI)
St Helier Boys School and Highlands College Fire Service and Architect reports (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 06 June 2017.
I would like to have copies of all Fire Service and Architect reports or surveys prepared in respect of St Helier Boys School and Highlands College to date.
Some relevant information was provided as part of a previous Freedom of Information request on the development of Highlands College, and is therefore absolutely exempt under Article 23 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011. The previous response is available to view at the following link:
Purchase and development of Highlands College (FOI)
Information relating to Jersey Property Holdings (JPH) site survey and fire risk assessments can be viewed at the links below:
2004 JPH Site Survey Plan with Levels
2008 JPH Fire Risk Assessment with Recommendations
Jersey Archive are holding a number of open records that can be viewed by appointment, and following registration as a reader. Please contact Jersey Archive in advance in order that they are able to prepare the required documents in advance of your visit:
- D/J/N7 - St Helier Boys / d'Hautree Site
- D/J/N7/P - St Helier Boys and d'Hautree Architectural and Site Plans
- D/J/N7/Q - St Helier Boys / d'Hautree Site Photographs of School Buildings
- D/J1/A/B1/G/1/8A - St Helier Boys School - Scheme of Improvements
- D/AP1/A839/35(9) - d'Hautree Plans
- D/AL/A9/2246B(E6) - Plans of d'Hautree School
Please note that the records in the collection D/J/N7/Q are in cold storage for long-term preservation. Therefore, 24 hours’ notice is required by Jersey Archive in order to acclimatise items prior to viewing.
The contact details for the Jersey Archive are as follows:
Jersey Archive, Clarence Road, St Helier, Jersey JE2 4JY. Tel: +44 (0)1534 833135 Fax: +44 (0)1534 833101
The Fire Service reports and correspondence requested can be viewed at the following link:
Fire Service Reports and Correspondence
Please note that in order to comply with Article 25 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 certain information in the linked documents has been redacted in order to protect the identity and privacy of individuals.
Also some information has been redacted as it is not relevant to the Freedom of Information request.
Article 23 Information accessible to applicant by other means
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it is reasonably available to the applicant, otherwise than under this Law, whether or not free of charge.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant where the applicant may obtain the information.
Article 25 Personal Information
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005.
(2) Information is absolutely exempt information if –
(a) it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is not the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005; and
(b) its supply to a member of the public would contravene any of the data protection principles, as defined in that Law.