High Value residents applications (FOI)
High Value residents applications (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 27 February 2018.
Please can you tell me:
- how many high value resident (HVR) applications were successful in 2017 and so far in 2018? Can you break this information down by year
- of the successful applications, what was the nationality of each applicant
- of each of the successful applications, what was the jurisdiction each applicant came from, prior to living in Jersey?
Please note this data does not qualify for the "personal data" exemption in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005, which defines this as:
"Data that relate[s] to a living individual who can be identified –
(a) from those data; or
(b) from those data and other information that is in the possession of, or is likely to come into the possession of, the relevant data controller
Jurisdiction applicant came from
Hong Kong <5
Due to the small numbers cited, Article 25 (Personal information) of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 has been applied to this request and as such, disclosure control has been applied to all numbers fewer than five (<5).
Article 25 Personal information
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005.
(2) Information is absolutely exempt information if –
(a) it constitutes personal data of which the applicant is not the data subject as defined in the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005; and
(b) its supply to a member of the public would contravene any of the data protection principles, as defined in that Law.