Draft Medium Term Financial Plan graphs (FOI)
Draft Medium Term Financial Plan graphs (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 03 September 2018.
On the attached link from the States Assembly website please would you kindly extend the three graphs to bring them to a current year:
2015, 2016 and 2017 for the graph named, Number of Population liable for tax by tax band (exhibit 1).
2016 and 2017 for the graph named, Amount of tax collected by source (exhibit 2).
2016 and 2017 for the graph named, Population vs Year (exhibit 3).
Draft Medium Term Financial Plan addition for 2017 to 2019
The authority does not hold the graphs in an extended form. However the information necessary to extend them can be found in the following sources.
The methodology for producing the figures appearing in this chart has now changed. Specifically the Taxes Office no longer includes numbers in regard to members of the population that pay no tax.
The figures in respect of the number of taxpayers that pay tax at the standard rate and marginal rate in respect of years of assessment 2015 and 2016 will be published within the next four weeks on the States Website as part of the Taxes Office Statistical Digest – this information is therefore exempt under Article 36 of the Freedom of Information Law 2011.
Figures in respect of the year of assessment 2017 will not be available until 2019.
The 2016 and 2017 figures are published on the States of Jersey website within the 2017 States Accounts (page 259) which can be viewed at the following link:
Annual Report and Accounts 2017
The 2016 and 2017 population estimates are published on the States of Jersey website within the Population Estimate Report and are therefore exempt under Article 23 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011. The population estimates are available at the following link:
Population Estimates 2017
Article 23 - Information accessible to applicant by other means
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it is reasonably available to the applicant, otherwise than under this Law, whether or not free of charge.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant where the applicant may obtain the information.
Article 36 - Information intended for future publication
(1) Information is qualified exempt information if, at the time when the request for the information is made, the information is being held by a public authority with a view to its being published within 12 weeks of the date of the request.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant –
(a) of the date when the information will be published;
(b) of the manner in which it will be published; and
(c) by whom it will be published.
(3) In this Article, “published” means published –
(a) by a public authority; or
(b) by any other person.