Solar panels on the new Les Quennevais School (FOI)
Solar panels on the new Les Quennevais School (FOI)Produced by the Fostering and adoption
Authored by Government of Jersey and published on 24 March 2020.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
Please advise me whether the new Les Quennevais School building will have solar panels and a water harvesting system fitted. If not, why not?
Thank you for your request. We would like to advise that the newly constructed Les Quennevais School will include the following sustainable energy features:
• Four Electric vehicle charging points
• 100 Photo Voltaic Panels with system output of 30kWP
• 100% LED lighting complete with automatic regulation to daylight
• 11 Electric Air Source Heat Pumps
• Extensive metering enabling the site manager to monitor and manage areas of high load
All rainwater run-off on the new school site will be captured, with no connections to the storm water sewers. A groundwater irrigation system, that pumps from a borehole, will be utilised to water the playing fields and planting areas.