Vacant properties (FOI)
Vacant properties (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by Government of Jersey and published on 06 April 2022.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
1. How many buildings owned by any States Department are empty.
2. For how long have buildings in 1. above remained empty.
1. The information you have requested is exempt under Article 23 of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 because the information is already accessible to you on www.gov.je within a previous Freedom of Information response:
Derelict buildings (FOI)
2. Information which would identify vacant properties is exempt under Article 42a of the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 – Law Enforcement. The information is being withheld as it is considered that disclosure into the public domain would likely create an opportunity for break-ins and / or vandalism.
However, the following table details which year these empty properties first became vacant.
|Year properties became vacant |
|Year property became vacant||No of properties|
Article 23 Information accessible to applicant by other means
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it is reasonably available to the applicant, otherwise than under this Law, whether or not free of charge.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant where the applicant may obtain the information.
Article 42 - Law enforcement
Information is qualified exempt information if its disclosure would, or would be likely to, prejudice –
(a) the prevention, detection or investigation of crime, whether in Jersey or elsewhere;