Rental income declared on tax returns (FOI)
Rental income declared on tax returns (FOI) Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by Government of Jersey and published on 29 September 2022.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
For the last 10 years for which complete data is available, please provide
the number of individuals declaring rental income on their tax return, and
the total value of rental income declared.
Please see table below.
Count Of Taxpayers
Income From Property
- The count of taxpayers is rounded to the nearest 10 and includes residents and non-resident.
- The income from property is rounded to the nearest million.
- To provide information for the full period, data has been extracted from the legacy system, which only identified Jersey properties. From 2018, the data includes non-Jersey properties.
- This does not include income from casual letting such as lodgers.
- 'Separately assessed' taxpayers may be counted individually. Married couples that have not elected for separate assessments are counted as one taxpayer.
- A single source of property income maybe counted against more than one taxpayer where the income is shared.