Appointment of women Bishops (FOI)
Appointment of women Bishops (FOI)Produced by the Freedom of Information office
Authored by States of Jersey and published on 15 February 2016.
Prepared internally, no external costs.
Jersey’s Canon Law is submitted to and approved by the States of Jersey.
In the UK, Canon Law has been changed to approve the appointment and validity of Women Bishops.
Please can you tell me:
1. What procedures are in place for a similar change in Jersey Canon Law?
2. When this will be implemented?
3. Will this need States approval?
4. Has any requests been made of the Law Officers Department regarding changes in Canon Law?
1. The proposition linked to below demonstrates the procedures in place. This information is therefore absolutely exempt under Article 23 Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 (the “Law”): Information accessible by other means (see P.179/2010)
Canons of the Church of England in Jersey P.179/2010
2. This information is not held.
3. Please refer to the answer above in respect of procedures. This information is therefore absolutely exempt under Article 23 of the Law: Information accessible by other means (see link above).
4. In accordance with Article 10 of the Law a scheduled public authority is able to neither confirm nor deny that it holds the information requested if it considers it in the public interest to do so. Having considered the matter, it is not considered in the public’s interest to neither confirm nor deny that this information is held.