Statistics Jersey (formerly the States of Jersey Statistics Unit) is the central statistical office for Jersey.
Statistics Jersey was established by the Statistics and Census (Jersey) Law 2018, which came into force on 23 February 2018. Under this law we have professional and operational independence in producing official statistics.
Our main responsibilities include:
- producing key information on Jersey's economy and population, eg inflation, house prices, census
- carrying out regular surveys eg household spending and income, and the Jersey Opinions and Lifestyle Survey
- producing a range of public health statistics
- advising and assisting States' departments on survey design and analysis
- running independent surveys on behalf of other States' departments
- providing a statistical service to the public, politicians, States' departments and businesses
To ensure our statistics are high quality and impartial, we follow the
Code of Practice for Official Statistics in Jersey
. Our work is overseen by the
Statistics Users Group
Jersey in Figures pages of gov.je. We also welcome comment on the official statistics produced in Jersey; you can
contact us by email.
We aim to operate in an open and transparent manner and publish all of our reports on the