Passengers by route
There were around 1,126,400 air and sea passenger arrivals in 2016:
- total passenger arrivals decreased by 31,700 (2%) compared with 2015
- sea arrivals were down by 16%
- air arrivals were up by 4% compared with 2015
Numbers are in thousands of arrivals only. Passengers by air exclude transit passengers.
In 2016, there were 667,638 sea passengers (arrivals and departures) for all routes. This was 104,807 less than 2015.
Of the total sea passengers, there were approximately 3,100 cruise ship passengers; a decrease of over 5,000 compared to 2015.
The passenger figures shown are for regular scheduled routes in and out of the Island.
There were 413,016 tonnes of freight shipped through Jersey Harbours in 2016 (exports and imports combined).
Freight by commodity (import and export) from 2014 to 2016
|Containerised freight (tonnes)||330,376||354,718||372,418|
|General freight (tonnes)||1,661||1,898||2,233|
|Trade vehicles (tonnes)||4,837||7,699||8,861|
|Other (tonnes)||0||0 ||0|
Source: Ports of Jersey
Freight by loading method from 2014 to 2016
|Lift on, lift off freight (Lo Lo)||83,577||107,636||107,629|
|Roll on, roll off freight (Ro Ro)||278,315||289,116||305,387|
Jersey Harbours saw 90,084 tonnes of fuel pass through the port in 2016.
These figures show that:
- around a third of the fuel total was diesel (32%)
- a quarter was petrol (24%)
- heavy fuel oil and aviation fuel each accounted for 18% of the total
- kerosene and propane accounted for 7% and 15% respectively
There were 795,020 air passenger arrivals in 2016.
These figures show that (in 2016, compared to 2015):
- total air passenger arrivals increased by 4%
- total UK passenger arrivals increased by 6%
- Channel Island arrivals decreased by 15%
- international arrivals increased by 2%
Passenger arrivals 2014-2016
Source: Visit Jersey