2014 Town Centre Shopping Audit
Produced by the
Economic Development (Department for the Economy)
and published on
26 Feb 2015
Download the 2014 Town Centre Shopping Audit (size 656kb)
55 town centre shops were mystery shopped and audited against a set of standard customer service criteria, between Saturday 18 October and Friday 31 October 2014.
The average customer service score for the units surveyed was 73%, with the range of results between 33% and 97%.
This compares with an average score of 68% for the same units surveyed in October 2013.
The purpose of the survey was to:
- identify changes in performance from the 2013 audit
- benchmark independent local retailers against larger UK franchises trading in St Helier
- identify product and service provision gaps
- identify staff training gaps
- identify gaps in selling opportunities
- measure the 'customer ordering experience' (eg the ability for customers to order items that are not in stock)
- understand if there is a difference between the weekday and Saturday experience