Jersey Alcohol Profile 2015
Produced by the
Public Health (Strategic Policy, Planning and Performance)
Health Intelligence Unit
and published on
17 Nov 2015
Prepared internally, no external cost
Download Jersey Alcohol Profile (size 832kb)
This report is the latest in a series of reports produced by the Public Health Intelligence Unit which examines the effect of alcohol on Islanders' health.
The Alcohol Profile for Jersey reports on a number of population level alcohol indicators including:
- per capita consumption
- self-reported drinking habits
- estimates of harmful and hazardous drinking
- alcohol-specific deaths
- alcohol-attributable hospital admissions
- young people and alcohol
- benefit expenditure for alcoholism
- alcohol-related crime
- prices changes of alcohol
Comparisons in this report are to Public Health England, the Office for National Statistics and the Health and Social Care Information Centre.
There is also comparison internationally to the Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development (OECD).
A number of States of Jersey Departments have provided data for this report, including:
- States Of Jersey Statistics Unit
- Health and Social Services Department
- Social Security Department
- States Of Jersey Police
The report contains both previously published information and new analyses, with data to 2014.