Jersey Resident population estimate 2015
Produced by the
Statistics Jersey (Strategic Policy, Planning and Performance)
and published on
22 Jun 2016
Prepared internally, no external cost
Download Jersey Population Estimate 2015 report (size 555kb)
The latest report shows that during 2015:
- the resident population increased by 1,700 people
- net inward migration accounted for 1,500 of the increase
- natural growth (the excess of births over deaths) accounted for 220
Total net inward migration of 1,500 in 2015 comprised of approximately:
- 400 net inward ‘licensed’ employees and their dependents
- 1,100 net inward ‘registered’ employees and their dependents
During the last 10 years, the resident population has increased by 11,700 people.
Net migration has accounted for three-quarters (75%) of the total population growth over the last 10 years.