The Strategic Plan is developed by Jersey's Council of Ministers. It sets the overall direction for Jersey, concentrating on long-term policy aims and priorities, taking into account the challenges and strengths of Jersey today, and in the future.
After debate in the States Assembly, these aims and priorities are translated into departmental objectives through the business planning process.
The Strategic Plan 2009 to 2014 addresses a range of social, environmental and economic priorities in order to maintain Jersey’s special way of life.
The Council of Ministers is optimistic that, through working together with all sections of our community, the challenges that face the Island can be tackled. The plan focuses on five main areas:
- enabling people to reach their full potential
- meeting our health, housing and education challenges
- preparing for the ageing society
- protecting the countryside and our environment
- creating a responsive and efficient government