The Digital Policy Framework sets out the six key objectives for Jersey’s digital policy:
- a thriving digital sector
- digital skills for all
- advanced digital infrastructure
- Government digital transformation
- robust cyber security
- secure data protection
The framework also explains the government’s plans for new strategies dealing with telecommunications and cyber security, and announces work that is already underway to ensure that Jersey remains compliant with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation. This will allow the Island to maintain market access with the European Economic Area.
The framework also sets key indicators for future success, including:
- 1,000 new high-value jobs in the digital sector
- digital sector GVA up by 50%, with a focus on high-productivity sub-sectors
- a Universal Service Obligation giving every islander the right to access broadband of 1Gb/s
- a compulsory computing curriculum for all students
To read the framework in full, please visit the Digital Policy website.