Jersey's resident population at the end of 2016 was estimated as 104,200.
The latest report shows that during 2016:
- the resident population increased by 1,500 people
- net inward migration accounted for 1,300 of the increase
- natural growth (the excess of births over deaths) accounted for 200
Total net inward migration of 1,300 in 2016 comprised of approximately:
- 200 net inward ‘licensed’ employees and their dependents
- 1,100 net inward ‘registered’ employees and their dependents
During the last 10 years, the resident population has increased by 11,900 people.