Jersey Resident population estimate 2016
Produced by the
Statistics Jersey (Strategic Policy, Planning and Performance)
and published on
23 Jun 2017
Prepared internally, no external cost
Jersey Resident Population Estimate 2016 report
Jersey's resident population at the end of 2016 was estimated as 104,200.
The latest report shows that during 2016:
- the resident population increased by 1,500 people
- net inward migration accounted for 1,300 of the increase
- natural growth (the excess of births over deaths) accounted for 200
Total net inward migration of 1,300 in 2016 comprised of approximately:
- 200 net inward ‘licensed’ employees and their dependents
- 1,100 net inward ‘registered’ employees and their dependents
During the last 10 years, the resident population has increased by 11,900 people.