This report provides a yearly update of immunisation uptake rates for children and adults in Jersey. This release presents data for:
- childhood immunisations for children up to five years of age, up to 31 December 2016
- teenage immunisations for the academic year running from September 2016 to August 2017
- seasonal flu vaccinations covering the winter period 2016-2017
Also presented in this report are figures for adult immunisations given in GP surgeries in Jersey, including:
- pertussis for pregnant women
- shingles for those aged 70 (plus a catch-up for those aged 79)
- protection against pneumococcal infections for adults aged 65 or over
Immunisation statistics include information on different vaccines given, the rates over time and comparisons to England, Wales and Scotland.
Data presented in this report has been extracted from the Child Health Information System, the GP central server and is presented alongside data provided by the Immunisation Nurse Specialist within the Preventive Programmes team.