Jersey Opinions and Lifestyle Survey 2018 report
Produced by the
Statistics Jersey (Strategic Policy, Planning and Performance)
and published on
06 Dec 2018
Prepared internally, no external cost
Jersey Opinions and Lifestyle Survey report 2018
The Jersey Opinions and Lifestyle Survey collects information on the behaviours and opinions of Islanders. The results allow everyone in the Island to have a better understanding of social issues, and help in government decision-making.
Survey topics for 2018 included views on:
- living in Jersey (satisfaction with where you live, loneliness, wellbeing, transport)
- housing (including parking and energy use)
- voting in the 2018 general election
- getting involved (charity, arts and culture, confidence in local institutions)
- health (including smoking and drinking)
- personal tax in Jersey
- skills and careers
- facilities (Acorn reuse centre, pay by phone parking app)
- crime and policing
The survey was run independently by Statistics Jersey, with individual States departments requesting specific topic areas to be included. The results allow everyone in the Island to have a better understanding of social issues, and help in government decision-making.
This survey was formerly known as the Jersey Annual Social Survey, which has been run since 2005 and was renamed in 2016.