How many times did travel expenditure exceed £1000 for both politicians and civil servants during 2018 and, what were these amounts?
Information is available from January to June 2018 on www.opendata.gov.je at the following link:
Cost of travel over £500 - January to June 2018
It is planned to publish the information from July to December 2018 in the same location by the end of March 2019.
This data relates to officers only, and details individual bookings costing £500 or more. In addition to these items there were five instances of travel by States Members costing more than £1,000. These are detailed in the attached table.
Ministers travel costs over £1000
The following links provide further information relating to the travel by Senator Gorst:
Ministerial visit to UAE and Bahrain
Ministerial visit to Kenya and Rwanda
Article 23 Information accessible to applicant by other means
(1) Information is absolutely exempt information if it is reasonably available to the applicant, otherwise than under this Law, whether or not free of charge.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant where the applicant may obtain the information.
Article 36 Information intended for future publication
(1) Information is qualified exempt information if, at the time when the request for the information is made, the information is being held by a public authority with a view to its being published within 12 weeks of the date of the request.
(2) A scheduled public authority that refuses an application for information on this ground must make reasonable efforts to inform the applicant –
(a) of the date when the information will be published;
(b) of the manner in which it will be published; and
(c) by whom it will be published.
(3) In this Article, “published” means published –
(a) by a public authority; or
(b) by any other person.