Jersey Opinions and Lifestyle Survey 2019 report
Produced by the
Statistics Jersey (Strategic Policy, Planning and Performance)
and published on
29 Nov 2019
Prepared internally, no external cost
The Jersey Opinions and Lifestyle Survey is an annual survey undertaken by Statistics Jersey with individual government departments requesting specific topic areas to be included. Over 1,000 randomly chosen households took part in the 2019 survey.
Survey topics for 2019 included views on:
- children and families (parental confidence and support)
- Jersey Youth Service
- health (with a focus on diet and physical activity)
- wellbeing (including people's ability to cope financially)
- heritage sites
- telecoms and internet usage
- fire prevention
- living in Jersey (including people's trust in civic institutions)
The results allow everyone in the Island to have a better understanding of social issues, and help in government decision-making.
This survey was formerly known as the Jersey Annual Social Survey, which has been run since 2005 and was renamed in 2016.