Planning Officers Society (POS) development control health check final report
Produced by the
Environment (Infrastructure, Housing and Environment)
POS Enterprises Ltd
and published on
20 Dec 2019
Planning Officers Society report covering responseJersey report Planning Officers Society POSE 2019POS recommendations and Ministerial response
POS Enterprises, the operational arm of the Planning Officers Society, was appointed by the States of Jersey to undertake a review of its Development Control Service.
The recommendations follow the third independent audit of the department by a review team from the Planning Officers Society.
The review's 61 recommendations include:
- an Island Plan review which focuses on more straightforward policies for decision makers
- reconsidering the introduction of a Jersey Infrastructure Levy
- reviewing of the performance management process
- clarifying the management responsibilities within planning
- improving the pre-application system
- updating guidance from the policy section
- moving towards a system of positive development management rather than development control
The report is released together with the response by the department and the Minister for Environment, Deputy John Young.