Carbon Neutral Roadmap Preferred Strategy
Produced by the
Climate Emergency (Infrastructure and Environment)
Government of Jersey, Strategic Policy, Planning and Performance
and published on
02 Nov 2021
Prepared internally, no external cost
Summary of the Carbon Neutral Roadmap Preferred Strategy
The Carbon Neutral Roadmap Preferred Strategy sets out five position statements that provide the basis for the detailed plans that will be released for consultation in the Carbon Neutral Roadmap in December 2021:
- increasing the speed of decarbonisation, committing to the science-based plans set out in the Paris Agreement on Climate Change
- taking the necessary steps to ensure Jersey can become carbon neutral by 2030
- reviewing the balance of cost, security and sustainability of the Island's energy supplies
- providing £23m of initial investment, and identifying new funding routes for future years
- ensuring the Climate Emergency Fund is spent in areas that provide the biggest reduction in carbon emissions and other local benefits
The Preferred Strategy builds on the progress made through the Carbon Neutral Strategy and considers the recommendations made by the Citizens' Assembly on Climate Change and Jersey's Climate Conversation.
The Council of Ministers is publishing the Preferred Strategy as its considered response to how Jersey will tackle the climate emergency. The Preferred Strategy has been developed by a steering group of ministers and States Assembly members.