Wiltshire Police Investigation Report
Produced by the
Justice and Home Affairs
and published on
11 Mar 2011
This document is the full report (suitably redacted) of the disciplinary investigation by Wiltshire Police into the management and supervision of the Historical Child Abuse Enquiry by the Chief Officer of Police - Mr G Power.
Parts of this Report were initially published on 13 July 2010, those parts are included in this document except the contents page which now reflects the contents of this document.
The text of this Report has been redacted to ensure that, in publishing this Report, due regard is had to the relevant legal principles contained in the Human Rights (Jersey) Law 2000, the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005 and other legal duties.
The report contains the following:
- obligation to confidentiality
- background and context
- executive summary
- supervision of Operation Rectangle by Chief Officer Power (text redacted)
- supervision of Operation Rectangle as a critical incident by Chief Officer Power (text redacted
- supervision of media management in Operation Rectangle by Chief Officer Power (text redacted)
- witness statement of CO Power and lines of enquiry arising from it
- list of conclusions
- list of recommendations
- legal advice in respect of suggested charges
The figure given as the cost of the report is the cost of the full investigation by the Wiltshire Police.
Wiltshire Police Investigation Report (1.54MB)
Independent Jersey Care Enquiry website