Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Jersey Energy Trends 2022 report

Produced by the Statistics Jersey (Strategic Policy, Planning and Performance)
Authored by Statistics Jersey and published on 09 Aug 2023
Prepared internally, no external cost


The Energy Trends report looks at the supply and use of various fuels such as electricity, gas and petroleum products. It also focuses on changes over time.

Summary for 2022

  • almost all of Jersey’s energy supply was imported; about 2% was produced on-Island as electricity generated by the Energy Recovery Facility and Jersey Electricity solar panels
  • petroleum products accounted for about three-fifths (60%) of Jersey’s energy supply; electricity (imported and on-Island generated) accounted for the remainder (40%)
  • Jersey’s total primary energy supply (TPES) was 6% less than in 2021
  • total final energy consumption (FEC) was 5% less than in 2021
  • energy consumption per head of resident population was 1.3 toe and was below that of the UK (1.9 toe)
  • of total energy used, just over a third (38%) was 

Back to top
rating button