Aligning the aims and objectives of Heritage groups. Heritage Strategy Development.
Produced by the
Children, Young People, Education and Skills
and published on
01 Feb 2010
Following Council of Culture meeting in November 2009, KVS was commissioned to undertake a review of the working relationships and agendas of seven Jersey heritage groups.
This has involved:
- Reading and analysis of key Jersey Governmental and Education Sport and Culture (DfESC) documents, including the Cultural Policy and the Government Strategic Plan.
- Discussions and meetings with seven heritage groups to assist in aligning their aims and objectives within the forthcoming department cultural policy.
- Writing up and following up the group meetings and reporting to ESC on any issues or problems with the process.
- Analysing with DfESC the submissions in terms of overlap, internal strife agendas, potential partnership development etc.
- Interim report back to the groups setting out initial response to, or required clarification of submissions, and chairing a further meeting of the major stakeholders to facilitate further co-operation and potential partnership opportunities.
- Discuss with DfESC the potential for responses from the exercise to be incorporated within the departmental heritage policy."