The Jersey Appointments Commission was established by the States of Jersey under the Employment of States of Jersey Employees (Jersey) Law 2005 and annually reports to the States of Jersey on the recruitment of States employees, as well as appointees to States supported or related bodies.
The commission has been in existence since 2002 and has a Chairman and 4 other Commissioners.
The involvement of the commission outlined in the annual report includes:
- approving job descriptions and person specifications
- agreeing the scope of recruitment competition, ie whether it shall be fully open or restricted to the Island or the civil service only
- approving job advertisements and the media to be used
- chairing, or otherwise participating, in selection panels and approving their constitution, including the choice of any independent experts to assist in the assessment of specialist disciplines, eg law or finance
- approving the candidate assessment methods, eg assessment centres, psychometric profiling, scenario exercises
If you are planning to make an appointment and, having reviewed the guidance on this site, require assistance or wish to contact the Jersey Appointments Commission, you should initially contact the officer supporting the work of the commission, Mrs Susan Cuming, Senior Human Resources Manager and Secretary to the Jersey Appointments Commission on:
Telephone: +44 (0) 1534 440023 / Email Susan Cuming
Alternatively contact the Jersey Appointments Commission:
Jersey Appointments Commission
PO Box 430
Email the Appointments Commission