Retail Sales Report Quarter 2 2012
Produced by the
Statistics Jersey (Strategic Policy, Planning and Performance)
and published on
12 Sep 2012
Prepared internally, no external cost
Download retail sales report for Q2 2012 (size 1.0mb)
The Retail Sales Survey was launched in April 2007 and collects information on the performance of the Island's retail sector on a quarterly basis. It provides an early short term measure of economic activity in Jersey.
On an annual basis:
- the seasonally adjusted total volume of retail sales in Jersey in Q2 2012 was 7% lower than in the corresponding quarter of 2011
- this represents the fourth consecutive quarter in which the total volume of retail sales has declined on an annual basis
- the predominantly food and non-food sectors have each recorded four consecutive quarters of a decline in the volume of retail sales on an annual basis
On a quarterly basis:
- the seasonally adjusted total volume of retail sales in Jersey in Q2 2012 was 2% higher than in the previous quarter (Q1 2012)
- the food sector recorded essentially no change in volume compared with Q1 2012
- the non-food sector recorded a quarterly increase of 2%, the first quarterly increase for more than a year.