This is the Fiscal Policy Panel's sixth annual report. As required by the States’ Fiscal Framework, the report makes recommendations to the Minister for Treasury and Resources, and to the States, on Jersey’s fiscal policy and on additions to or subtractions from the Stabilisation Fund and the Strategic Reserve.
These recommendations are based on an assessment of the Jersey economy in the context of overseas economic developments and the risks and uncertainties that the Island faces.
The panel’s work is guided by five key principles:
- economic stability is at the heart of sustainable prosperity
- fiscal policy needs to be focused on the medium-term
- policy should aim to be stable and predictable
- supply in the economy is as important as demand
- low inflation is fundamental to the competitiveness of the economy