Decision Reference: MD-PE-2021-0003
Decision Summary Title:
Public Inquiry: P/2020/1578 and P/2020/1677
Date of Decision Summary:
19 January 2021
Decision Summary Author:
Public or Exempt?
Type of Report:
Oral or Written?
Director, Development Control
Date of Written Report:
Written Report Author:
Public or Exempt?
Public Inquiry: P/2020/1578 and P/2020/1677.
The Minister decided that he:
1) Will not determine the two below-mentioned planning applications until a Public Inquiry into the applications has been held; and
2) Will bring the matter to the attention of the public of Jersey in due course, by way of a formal announcement, that a Public Inquiry is to be held.
- P/2020/1578: 58 60 Ann Street Brewery Co Ltd, Ann Street, St. Helier, JE2 4SE; and
- P/2020/1677: Mayfair Hotel, St. Saviours Road, St. Helier, JE2 4LA.
Reason(s) for Decision:
The Minister considers that, in accordance with Article 12(1)(a) of the Planning and Building (Jersey) Law, 2002 (as amended), these developments, were they to be carried out, would be likely to have a significant effect on the interests of a substantial part of the population of Jersey.
There will be a financial cost of the inquiry which will be borne from within existing budgets.
- Chief Officer to secure the services of an independent Planning Inspector to conduct the Public Inquiry;
- Upon appointing an Inspector, the Minister shall make a formal announcement as to the manner in which the public can engage with the Inquiry. (Media Release & letters to interested parties required); and
- The Department shall arrange an Inquiry website, email / postal address and administrative support for the Inspector.
Deputy John Young
Minister for the Environment
Date of Decision (If different from Date Signed):