Reviewing our services
Public sector reform is reviewing our services and asking:
- are there services we should be delivering that we’re not, or services we are delivering which we don’t need to?
- what can we afford to deliver?
- should we be delivering them ourselves, or would it be more effective to deliver them in partnership with other organisations?
- how can we deliver them most effectively?
New service arrangements
Examples of how our services are being delivered in new ways include:
- the Ports of Jersey have been incorporated, allowing greater commercial freedom to grow revenue from new initiatives
- the incorporation of the housing department and its housing stock into Andium Homes has created a financially sustainable way of meeting the Island's social housing needs
- a new primary care model for Health and Social Services will aim to get more services into the community and ensure people only come into hospital if they really need to
Services currently under review
Our services are being reviewed, including:
- secondary education
- sports and culture
- social security and tax
- support services
- economic development, external relations and financial services
- environmental services
Many smaller scale service reviews and improvements are also being made by States of Jersey employees using Lean techniques.
Lean improvements across the States of Jersey
Accessing services online
You want to access more of our services online.
While other channels will remain available, our services will become increasingly digital, making it easier for you to interact with us in a way and at a time that suits you.
eGov is designing and delivering services around you, the customer. Making them better, quicker and simpler.
We have approximately 30 projects running which are focusing on streamlining services that can be made available online.
As well as making many forms available online, now you only need to inform us once for:
- new resident registration
- new business registration
- registration of births
- registration of deaths
Our police force will also be equipped with mobile devices, making it quicker and easier for officers to file reports on location.