The eGovernment (eGov) programme aims to improve customer service for your community and business and make the States of Jersey more efficient. We will do this by improving processes and moving services online.
eGov aims to be:
- Interactive – We are designing services around the customer to be better, quicker and simpler. Services will become more digital making it easier for users to interact with the States at a time that suits them
- Efficient – Through collaboration and setting a standard for service design we are improving efficiency and cost savings across the States
- Transparent – States services will be more personal, allowing the customer to manage their own data. We will be clear about the information we are sharing and design services with security in mind
- Digital – We are supporting Jersey's digital industry, working closely with Digital Jersey
See more videos about eGov on our YouTube channel.
Why we need to be more digital
The world is becoming more digital and customers now expect to be able to access services online. The same is for government services. We are developing services based around the customer's needs, making them easier to access and use.
Putting services online will also be cost effective. To save resources and time we are also making sure there is collaboration across States departments and Parishes.
We are currently working on over 30 different online projects to provide simpler, clearer and faster way to interact with the States. Some services are online already available for use
- Tell us once
- Active Jersey app
- Love Jersey app
- Track my bus
- Official notices (Jersey Gazette)
- Updated GST payments system
See the current list of projects
Other services are still in an initiation and development phase. One of our foundation services is Digital ID, which will give customers a secure way to access States service online. The range of online services we can provide will be much greater once Digital ID is in place. Find out more about Digital ID on our