What is the ICAR project?
The ICAR project will manage all payments made to the States of Jersey including web payments.
Why we need ICAR
An ICAR solution gives customers more ways to pay us electronically for services, and reduces our costs for processing income.
The solution will allow the move from cash and cheques to BACS, Direct Debits, web payments and card machines.
Benefits of ICAR
The ICAR project:
- gives customers more payment choices
- reduces the cost of payment collection and processing
- reduces the amount of human intervention needed to process payments
- increases the amount of services which can be paid for online
- makes us compliant with Payment Card Industry (PCI) security standards
Challenges we face
We have to make sure we integrate with all eGov projects and existing financial systems.
We'll be intergrating ICAR with further processes that have a payment requirement. A subsequent phase will implement further features of the software.
Project sponsor and business owner
Graham Chidlow - Director: Accounting Services, Treasury
Project management team
Paul Marshall - Project Manager