Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

  • Choose the service you want to log in to:


    Update your notification preferences


    Access government services


    Clear goods through customs or claim relief

  • Talentlink

    View or update your States of Jersey job application

Speech and language therapy (easy read)

​Speech and Language Therapy helps people who find it hard to communicate.

​Communication means telling other people what you want, think and feel.

It means understanding other people and information.

​Communication can be lots of different things:

  • talking
  • listening 
  • writing
  • signing
  • pointing and gestures
  • drawing pictures 
  • using photos and symbols

​We can help you communicate by giving you new tools, objects and sometimes electronic devices.

​We do this by coming to see you and watching how you communicate.

We might ask you some questions and talk to your family and carers.

​Speech and Language Therapy helps people with their eating, drinking and swallowing.

​Dysphagia means you find it difficult to eat and drink.

If you have Dysphagia we can make changes to your diet to help you and keep you safe.

A Speech and Language Therapist can visit you in your home with your family or carers.

​How to get an appointment with Speech and Language Therapy

​Contact Single Point of Referral (SPOR) and ask for a form.

+44 (0) 1534 444440 

​Fill out the form email it back.

Your parent or support staff can do this for you, if you say it is ok.

​You will get an appointment letter in the post or a telephone call.

Sometimes we will see you quickly, other times you will be put on a waiting list. 

​If you are worried about your health while you are waiting to see us call your doctor or nurse.

Contact us

Adult Learning Disability Service
Eagle House
Don Road
St Helier

Photosymbol Credits
Back to top
rating button