Skip to main content Skip to accessibility
This website is not compatible with your web browser. You should install a newer browser. If you live in Jersey and need help upgrading call the States of Jersey web team on 440099.
Government of

Information and public services for the Island of Jersey

L'înformâtion et les sèrvices publyis pouor I'Île dé Jèrri

Our services: Adult Learning Disability Service (easy read)

​Social Workers

Can help you with:

  • understanding how you can get support
  • talking to you about your needs, this is called an assessment
  • making a support plan with you
  • getting you the services you need 
  • speaking up and knowing your rights
  • working together to keep you safe 

Community Nurses

Can help you with:

  • your health, both your body and mind
  • your sexual health
  • giving you medicines to make you feel better
  • support in your home and community

Hospital Liaison Nurse

Can help you with:

  • your health, both your body and mind
  • your sexual health
  • giving you medicines to make you feel better
  • getting ready to come into hospital and helping you when you leave
  • communication during your time in hospital
  • asking for more time at your appointments 


Can help you with:

  • finding out if you have a mental health problem that can be treated
  • helping you to understand your mental health problem
  • making a treatment plan and giving you medicines if you need them
  • helping you to make the right lifestyle changes to keep you and your mind healthy

​Positive Behaviour Support

Can help you with: 

  • communicating your wants and needs
  • helping others understand you
  • helping others support you
  • improving your quality of life 


Can help you with:

  • walking and exercise
  • muscle strength
  • aches and pains
  • helping you sit well in your wheelchair if you use one


Can help you and your family with:

  • understanding how your past can make you feel today
  • talking about your feelings and thoughts 
  • learning how to cope with your feelings
  • having positive relationships

​Speech and Language Therapy

Can help you with: 

  • talking, signing and listening
  • using objects, pictures and communications aids to help you get your message across to other people
  • eating and drinking safely

​Occupational Therapy

Can help you with:

  • getting  better at daily living skills
  • changing your home so it is safe or supporting you to move to a new home
  • giving you the right wheelchair or aids for your needs
  • understanding and supporting your sensory needs

​How to contact us

You will need to telephone SPOR (Single Point of Referral) and ask for a form.

+44 (0) 1534 444440

​Fill out the form and post or email it back to us.

Your family or support staff can do this for you if you say it is okay.

​Post it to:

2nd Floor
28 - 30 The Parade Building
St Helier

​We will send you an appointment letter in the post, or call you on your phone.

​Sometimes we can see you quickly.

Other times you will be on a waiting list.

We can get very busy.

We have not forgotten about you.

​Questions and complaints

If things go wrong and you are not happy with our services:

+ 44 (0) 1534 445600

Give us your feedback

​If you are worried about your health call your doctor or nurse.

​If it is an emergency call Emergency Services.

+ 44 (0) 1534 999

Contact us

Adult Learning Disability Service
Eagle House
Don Road
St Helier

Photosymbol Credits
Back to top
rating button